Warning Signs Your Tree Could Uproot
During the Christmas Eve Blizzard of 2022, some trees bowed under the high winds and actually uprooted. While an unhealthy tree doesn’t always fall, there are several warning signs that your tree could uproot:
- Dead branches (This could be a sign of root rot. When trees are unable to provide enough water and nutrients to its branches, it sheds them. Dead branches could break off at any point and damage any utility lines, building structures, or property beneath it.)
- Cavities or hollows in the trunk of the tree. (This means the structural integrity of your tree is compromised and could be decaying.)
- Exposed roots. (This is both a trip hazard and leaves your roots vulnerable to damage.)
- Fungus. (An indication of rot or decay.)
- Insect infestation
- Mushrooms growing at the base of the tree. (An indication of wood rot.)
When in doubt, think prevention and contact WoodChuck Tree Service for professional tree removal. No matter the size, location, or number of trees that need to be removed, WoodChuck has the experience and equipment to provide exceptional, efficient, and affordable service.
Call 716-774-8717 or request your free estimate.